Question
Posted by: Shelle | 2010/08/30

I am at the end ......

I realy need to see someone who is contacted into Med Aid. Or be able to have a long chat with someone who will listen.
I am at my ends wits with my 21 year old son who believes becuase he is diabetic everyone must do as he sais or else. He also sits back and does nothing for himslef, no matter how hard I try to push him to stand on his feet.
My situation is complicated and this little forum does not give the time to explain it all. hence why i need to see someone.
I am in the randburg area

Sadly, it's not uncommon for people, especially when they start as a child realizing they have a chronic illness, to learn ways of exploiting the illness and the situation. It would be a good idea for you to see a good local psychologist, to talk this through, and indeed to plan an approach you can use to change his behaviour away from this maladaptive way of feling you and the world owes him something because he's not entirely fit, and to help him develop a better way of handling his illness, and taking personal responsibility for it and for his life in general.
Obviouslty we cant keep track of who practices where and whether they're any good. FAMSA might be able to recommend someone useful and near you

1