Posted by: vienna | 2009-08-03

Does it help if I do excercises with a break in between
or does it have to be continiously (without a break) ?

I do 30 min. on the treadmill in the morning and the same
in the afternoon.

Hi Vienna

I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly. It's probably better to get the exercise in continuously, though it depends on the goals. For general health benefits, it is important to accumulate exercise, and so in that regard, it's OK to do many short sessions (though practically, this might be difficult). However, the benefits from doing one session or many small sessions are similar. What is more important is to be active outside of exercise, if that makes sense - there is no reason to limit "activity" to 30 minutes a day.

If you're training for something specific, then I'd go with one longer session, because you would need the fitness that you only really get in that second half.