Question
Posted by: clare | 2011/06/28

hystorectomy or not?

I am 37 yrs old, mother of 4 (all born by ceaser)
My problem is that i have the most heavy painful periods each month and am contemplating just having a hysterectomy!
Why are they so painful and heavy and do you think it would be an option for me?

You first need to find out what the cause is for the heavy periods. Treatment will depend on this.

4

Posted by: Gillian | 2011/06/28

Yes, I would definitely first try the MIRENA (implant).

A hysterectomy would be a very last option for me, as I knew a 47 year old woman who died after having a hysterectomy at a Private Hospital.

Reply to Gillian
Posted by: QQ | 2011/06/28

It is unwise to have a historectomy for no reason at all. Discuss with your Dr, there are other options. You could have a device implanted that will put a stop to all this.

Reply to QQ
Posted by: Kelly | 2011/06/28

You would need to discuss with your gynae. It is a big op. Not to be taken lightly.

Reply to Kelly