Question
Posted by: Charlotte | 2009/07/28

Hystorectomy

My sister and her husband is having a diffirence of opinion on the above. She is 25 and pregnant with her second child. She has requested that he goes under the knife after the baby is born as she does not want any more children. He expects her to have an Hystorectomy. My question is at what age can you have a hystorectomy if it is only for the reason that you do not want to have any more children.

A hysterectomy is not necessary. She may mean a tubal ligation. Most doctors will not recommend this before the age of 30.