Posted by: worried | 2009-03-17

hysteroscopy and laproscopy

Hello Doctor

I am due to undergo a hysteroscopy and laproscopy next week and as never had any surgery I am extremely worried.
The doctor did tell that the risk is minimal.

Please can you or the readers advise what are the side effects of the procedure and what to expect after the procedure.

You may have slight pain after the laparoscopy and some mild bleeding from the hysteroscopy. Your period may also be delayed. Otherwise they are fairly small procedures.

Posted by: Murtle | 2009-03-18

I had one two years ago to remove a polyp on my uterus. Had no side effects. Went in the morning had the op and I was home again by 12 o clock. Then only thing I experienced was slight cramps (like period pains) but nothing major. Felt fine after about two/three days

Reply to Murtle