Question
Posted by: Jen | 2010/06/13

HYSTEROSCOPY

I have been booked to have a hysteroscopy a Groote Schuur. The gynae who referred me said " there will be a little pain but they will give you pain meds" . I Googled the procedure and wherever I look they mention general anesthetic. I am confused now. On the referral envelope is written " breakfast at 6am  appointment at 8am" . I have never had general anesthetic before so I am a little nervous. Please advise. Thank you.

If you have breakfast, you will not be having a general anaesthetic. Many hysteroscopies are done under local anaesthetic and this is probably the case for you.

1