Question
Posted by: Bee | 2010/10/04

Hysterical child

My daughter is 3 years old. She screams and cries whenever we go out. It’ s very frustrating as we’ d go to a play park/ the mall/ a restaurant/ the doctor/ the beach (generally going out) and she would start screaming hysterically and crying that she must go home. She a bright happy child otherwise but I need to help her get over this so she can function normally in society, and also that I can enjoy going out with her. Can you please advise if I’ d need to seek therapy or some other form treatment for her?

So she gets upset when she goes out together with you ? ( i.e. not when you go out leaving her behind ? )
Obviously a child psychologist would be able to help efficiently to understand why this is troubling her, and to help you with methods to calm her and get through this. Is she ablem to speak about this at all, to explain WHY she feels so anxious when she leaves home ? What does she think will happen ? When very young, a child can often explain such things better by drawing pictures and explaining those, or by acting it out with dolls and toys.

3
Posted by: Bee | 2010/10/05

It happens when I take her out with me. And it''s a recent thing, been happening for about 2 months now

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Maria | 2010/10/04

Has she always done this, or is it a recent thing? Has there been any big changes in her life?

Reply to Maria