Question
Posted by: Adele | 2011/11/14

hysterectomy and von willebrand

Good day

i have von willebrand disease and i am scheduled for a hysterectomy on the 21/11/2011, the doc wanted to send me for a DDAVP trial but i do not have the money for that and my medical aid does not cover for this. the doc spoke to a hemotologist and he said they must have ffp on stand by and some factor 8. i had to c sections with no complications do you think i will make it through surgery and recovery? your urgent reply to my email will be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

With the FFP and Factor 8, you should be okay.

2

Posted by: Gill | 2011/11/15

Adele,
I think it is important to take all the necessary precautions. Good Luck and make sure to rest.

Reply to Gill