Posted by: 208313 | 2009-03-20

Hysterectomy and Estrofem

Please can you help with my wife’ s condition relation to hysterectomy 8 months ago.
She is an Estrofem and HRT drug. Over the 8 months she a lost of interest in nearly everything around her e.g. general life and sex and her main focus is work which keeps her mind of her problems. This has put much pressure on the marriage to a point that I think she is having affair. My question is this typical behavioural pattern and how can I handle this situation without destroying my marriage.

A hysterectomy is a major procedure and it can take up to a year before your wife has fully recovered. It is common to have decrease in libido. Perhaps she is scared that sex may be painful or different as well. Perhaps you should both discuss it with her gynaecologist.