Posted by: HOTS | 2009-04-06

It has been 1 year now since my hysterectomy - uterus and cervix removed still have my ovaries. For the last couple months it feels like I am " overheating" . I have read about hot flushes and I do not think this is it. I am worried though because where i sit we have the aircon set on 19 most of the time and despite this, I am uncomfortable. By 9 I am al sweaty and this is not nice. Could this be a side effect of the operation even though ithas been a year already? I am turning 39 this year and do not use any medication. Please steer me in a direction as I am DESPERATE!!

It has been very hot lately. It is possible that this is the reason. However, menopause does tend to start earlier after a hysterectomy You can have a blood test to check if this is the case,