Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2012/11/07

Hysterectomy

Good day,

Please Please advise..............................

My Mum had a hysterectomy done in 2001, she is now 50 and gets rather moody most of the time, mum isn''''''''t on anything because she also has high pressure and gastic ulcer.

Kindly advise on what can my mum take that would be safe and wouldnt activate her ulcer.

Thank you,

Natasha

Natasha

I suggest that your mother consults a gynaecologist. If her symptoms are severe and a full hormonal profile shows that she can benefit from hormone replacement therapy, the doctor can surely start her on this. It is important that her hypertension is well controlled. Other risk factors, like insulin resistance and diabetes, will also have to be attended to. HRT's can be of tremendous help but she will have to consult a specialist.