Question
Posted by: rick | 2010-06-24

hysterectomy

My wife had a hysterectomy in September 2009. She''s also on medication since her serotonin levels are too low. Since the op and since she started using the serotonin supplements,she''s not into sex as she previously was. Does a hysterectomy cause a low libido?

a hysterectomy only contributes to the initial drop in sex drive. the main culprit is the treatment for depression (low serotonin levels). please consult with her treating GP for SSRI's that do not have a negative effect on her sex drive.

2
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-06-27

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: NOTHEMBA | 2010-06-25

ooH WHAT A QUESTION AM ALSO HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH STILL NEEDS SOME ANSWERS. I LOST MY SEX FEELINGS COMPLETELY AND AM ONLY 38 PLEASE HELP.

Reply to NOTHEMBA