Posted by: Glyn | 2009-09-02

I need a second opinion: I am 50 going through peri-menopause. I have been taking Novofem HRT for about 6 mnths. I have a 25mm fibroid and a cyst on my right ovary which my gynae has given me medication for. I don' t have any real pain - a bit of backache when menstruating  periods aren' t very heavy and are still regular (on the HRT). My gynae has recommended that I have a hysterectomy and I' m not sure this is the right option.
My dad died of colon cancer and my gynae says because of this it is best to have a hysterectomy. Your opinion will be appreciated! Thanks

There is a higher risk of uterine cancer if you have colon cancer,but I don't think that this means you need a hysterectomy at this stage. You should have a colonoscopy and regular gynae checks, but all sounds okay at the moment.

Posted by: Helen | 2009-10-02

Gynae exerted great pressure for HYST + BSO. Opinions 3 other gynaeso (unfortunatelypost-op) indicate completely unnecessarysurgery. 4 years later still suffering from suffering anxiety and depression. Are there any support groups?

Reply to Helen