Question
Posted by: Jaque | 2009/03/10

Hysterectomy

At age 37, I had hysterectomy in 1993 and after that operation I began to gain a lot of weight. I' ve tried everthing to reduce weight but all in vain. I went to the doctor about this problem and he said maybe it' s because of my impaired hormones. could you please help me.

Changes in hormones do affect metabolism and weight gain. There are a number of books on trying to loose weight after age 40. You could try looking at these. Essentially they just involve very strict diet and exercise programmes.