Posted by: Anon | 2009-03-04

Hypothyroidism - Males

I have been struggling with hypothyroidism for a lenghty time now. I have been on eltroxin, diatroxin and tertroxin at different phases, and sometimes being on a combination.

My wife and now are at a point of family planning, and I want to know exactly the extend of the impact of me having hypothyroidism. Will it affect the pregnancy ? If the pregnancy is successful, will there be birth complications ? Will our child have any defects ?

Your reponse will be sincerely appreciated.

There will be no effect on the fetus. If you have a heriditary thyroid condition, it is possible that your child may inherit it, but there would not be any effects on the pregnancy.