Question
Posted by: Tessa | 2012/05/23

hypothyroidism

Hello Dr Anrich, what would the test for the above be? I am a 38yr old woman.

Do you perchance also know what the test for early menopause is? These days out of nowhere I am boiling hot in an instant - even in a cold room. Its usually in the face and neck, particularly neck. I can''t think of anything else it might be but perimenopause. Very upsetting as I want more kids, have just the one :(

thankks

Tessa

These tests are done by a simple blood test. Ask your doctor to do a full hormone profile and to test your TSH, T4 and T3 levels. Treatment will depend on the results.