Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2010/04/08

Hypothyroidism

I have ALL the symptoms of hypothyroidism, i''m 24 and have a moderate goiter. Had blood tests which showed TSH and T4 fine but T3 elevated. The endo says my thyroid is normal though and doesn''t think we need to remove/treat goiter. I am sure it is getting bigger and that i am hypo - my mom had the exact same thing. What does the elevated T3 levels mean and what treatment should be given for the goiter?

Charlie

The elevated T3 levels can be due to your thyroid being overactive. I do suggest that you consult an endocrynologist to evaluate your condition and to suggest correct treatment.