Posted by: Susan | 2009-02-05

I am diagnosed .......... hypothyroid dysfunctuion
I' m 25 kg overweight, I am followed for 3 years weigh less dieet, with no sucsess, I am a gym freak, I try to loose weight, The doctors are playing around with my medicine they reackon that I should use T4 an T3 instead of only T4, Thats why I am struggle loosing weight. I am 50 years old. Is there any food that could improve my metabolism ?
With my condition I could see the difference in my body, no sweat, and I am at the gym 5x per weak, bloated, water retension, tired, dry skin, under my feet aswell, tummy fat and around the heaps, dimples on my upper legs and upper arms.

Dear Susan
From what you say it is apparent that the thyroid replacement therapy you are being treated with is not working properly because you are still exhibiting many of the symptoms of hypothyroidism. Are you being treated by an Endocrinologist? This is a dr who specialises in hormone imbalances. If not, please ask your current drs to arrange for you to see an Endocrinologist so that your treatment can be sorted out properly. This would make a difference to these symptoms and hopefully also lead to weightloss. If you are already using the Weigh-Less diet and doing plenty of gym (exercise is one of the best ways of stimulating your metabolism) and nothing is helping then you need to see an Endocrinologist.
I sincerely hope that you will get the help you require and can return to living a normal life.