Posted by: Pepper | 2009-01-29

hypothetical question (or maybe not :0)

Doc, if I were to cheat on my diet, with something like a rich pudding or cake, would it be better to have my normal healthy meal plus the cheat, or should I skip the meal in an attempt to limit the calorie damage?
I' m absolutely craving something and I think I' ve already decided to have it!

Dear Pepper
If you are developing cravings then it is possible that your slimming diet is either too low in energy or in carbohydrates, so just make sure that you are not starving yourself too drastically or cutting out all carbs. As you say, you are going to cheat and have a rich pudding or cake. In such a case, skip the healthy meal because your cheat food will probably supply more kJ than a normal meal and then continue with your diet at the next meal and do exercise as normal. Just make sure that the occasional cheat does not sabotage your entire diet!

Posted by: Pepper | 2009-02-01

Thanks Doc! I' m on a healthy dietician diet, not deprived of anything ... just crazy with " lus"  for a hot baked pudding with custard because of cold rainy weather :-)
I made a fat-free, sugar free custard, every little bit helps! :-)

Reply to Pepper