Posted by: Stacey | 2012-07-16

I saw the headline that you go into hypothermia if your temp goes under 35 degrees.
My aged mom''s was 34.6 the other and I phoned the chemist to ask if that is normal. He said No. I said must I take her to trauma. He said No. Let her drink something warm and keep her warm. We did this. She is diabetic.

I myself often have low temps and a fast pulse. My GP says it could be my heart but it is R3000 to have it tested and I cannot afford that.

Is there some kind of hereditary thing with temps and fast pulses? I am Asthmatic.

We both have pernicious anemia - take Chelafer and have B12 injections every 2nd week.

The pernicious anemia and your asthma medication is obvious reasons for a quick pulse. I am unsure if poor body temperature regulation is hereditary. The obvious cause for your mother's poor heat regulation is her diabetes and age. Always be aware of poor heat and cold regulation and prevent hypothermia or hyperthermia. There is no obvious medication as treatment but ensure that her diabetes is well controlled.