Question
Posted by: Yunus | 2009-04-09

Hypotension Tabs Discontinued!!!

Hello!!!

I have been suffering with Hypotension for apprx 25yrs and now there are no more medication available in South Africa.I was on Effortil and when that got dis-continued I was put on Akrinor which also seems to be out of stock.

Can you recommend an alternative for me to take.I have changed my diet and also exercise regularly.

Thank you for your help.

Yunus.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Yunus

Effortil is still available in SA

6

I too suffer from extreme low blood pressure and I'm so frustrated that these tabs are off the market, I am desperate as I fell so dizzy and ill and don't know what to do anymore been a long time sufferer of low blood pressure.

Posted by: Rose | 2014-04-06

I am in the same predicament - do you know if Effortil or Akrinor will be back on the market in South Africa soon?

Reply to Rose
Posted by: Nelia | 2009-04-29

I' m worried about my daughter (20) having low blood pressure. Please assist with diet suggestions.

Reply to Nelia
Posted by: Isa | 2009-04-17

Effortil Perlongates have been discontinued because the company feels that it is no longer viable to manufacture it.They are however trying to re-introduce the Effortil tablet into the South Afican market but it will take about 2 years to re-register with the Medicines Control Council.You can obtain Effortil in the UK but only with a prescription.

Isa
Practising Pharmacist

Reply to Isa
Posted by: JayJay | 2009-04-15

I have to agree with Yunus and disagree with Pharmacist.
You cannot find effortil anywhere.
As far as Arkinor is concerned I do not find it effective at all.
If Effortil is discontinued can anyone tell us why?????

Reply to JayJay
Posted by: Yunus | 2009-04-12

Hello

I`m so sorry to bother you but I have been to all the pharmacies in my area as well as Dischem and the bigger ones and they all are out of stock reason being that it has been discontinued in South Africa.

I then called the company Ingeheim Pharmaceuticals and the product manager told me that it has been discontinued.

Could you please perhaps inform where or at which pharmacies would I find the Effortil?

Thank you for your assistance and patienc.

Yunus.

Reply to Yunus