Posted by: Yunus | 2009-04-18

Hypotension Meds Discontinued!!!

Hello Doctor.

Since seeing that Effortil and Akrinor is no longer available in South Africa,could you please advise me what should I do to try and keep my blood pressure on a more normal or stable manner?

I eat correctly and I also exercise regurlarly.I also take a multi-vitamin tab daily.

Can I do more to up my pressure coz not having those tabs is making me feel weak and dizzy and especially on warm days which incidentally I take in extra liquids like water and not fizzy drinks.

Thank you for your help.

I suggest that you use re-hydrate which is available at pharmacies. Unfortunately, there is no quick and effective treatment for low blood pressure. You can also increase your salt intake or try drinking liquirice tea, which is available at Diskem.

Posted by: Lizelle | 2015-06-09

I need Akrinor because my bloodpreasure and pulse drop to almost nothing. 30/20 bloodpreasure and 22 pulse and Akrinor use to pull me through! Is there anything else available that I can take? I would really appreciate an alternative.

Reply to Lizelle