Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/02/23

Hypomania affecting concentration?

Hi, I recently wrote that Discovery reduced my benefit for Geodon, but after much fighting got it approved again last week. I opted not to increase the dose until I see the new Shrink on Monday. But, I''m wondering if it was such a great idea. Around the 8th my manager still thought I was excellent at my work. Since last week she has become distant and on Monday she only greeted me when I went into the office, never spoke to me once. This morning she was pleasant on a phonecall. But, I made 2 mistakes in the last 2 days that she is aware of. And she didn''t handle it like I expected her to. I approved an invoice , and it was incorrect. She emailed me to point out the mistake and cc''d Finances. In the past I would not have made such a mistake and the few I''ve made she gently pointed out to me. There is a new appointment in our office and my manager is sooo impressed with her, they interact on a personal level and I have to listen to their 30 min conversations in the mornings. It is as if suddenly now that the new girl started I''m not good enough. Or am I just over sensitive due to the mood swings? At the moment I feel I can''t keep up with my work, I''m all over the place. My manager knows about the " mood disorder"  and was always very supportive. She also knows that I''m on a reduced dose of one of my meds. I warned her in case my performance was not up to the required standard. I should probably have a chat with her, but what do I say? It is all subjective, except the email. I hate being in trouble.

Could you revive your own personal relationship with the manager, not so as to compete with the new girl, but to retain your existing relationship with your manager ? Maybe you are a bit over-sensitive after these mood swings, but try to rather concentrate on positive and improvable aspects of these relationships.
have a calm chat with her, not intense, and tell her your news, ( due to see shrink for re-asessment, may now be able to re-adjust the mediation to previous levels after winning a battle with the medical aid, hope your performance is still adequate and will improve, and would appreciate her opinion on how things are going with your work ) ?

1