Question
Posted by: Caroline | 2012-05-10

Q.

HYPODERM DAY and NIGHT CREAM

Hi Doc,

I''d like to know more about Hypoderm Day and Night cream. I have a rush on my face and my doctor recommended me to buy this cream. When I tried to learn more about it from the net, it seems this cream was banned. And also I''d like to know is it advisable to use it even if its like that and what is its short and long term effects on my face?

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Caroline, thank you for the question.
I have no personal experience with this product and I can’t find the manufacturers site or info or the ingredients used.
Furthermore, we have had a number of people write in about the side effects that they experienced when using the Hypoderm range in particular development of pigmentation and marks after a couple of months use so my advice would be not to use this range at all.

132
user comments

C.

Posted by: pamela | 2014-10-16

i started using hypoderm 7 days ago..i must say i was sceptic ..now im all smiles thanx to hypoderm ,,no more black spots and sunburn,,,halala

Reply to pamela | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Maps | 2014-10-22

Which hypoderm products are you usung started using face wash and spot corrector.

Posted by: Nuel | 2014-09-12

I've been to skin clinics paying R1200 every month to do peeling to remove pigmentation. It didnt work after paying a lot of money, then last month i saw friend who had the pigmentation and her skin was clear and beautiful. She advised me to buy Hypoderm face wash, dark spot corrector, day and night creams. Tell you what, after two weeks 90% of my pigmentation is gone. I love the product.

Reply to Nuel | 4 comments (hide)
Posted by: tsholofelo | 2014-10-09

I had very bad blemishes I went to to chemist and they suggested that I used Hypoderm its been 6days now buh its working slow I dont see any result.. and today when I used it again... I noticed that my skin is peeling of... help guys is this a bad or a good thing I really need help

Posted by: Fatima | 2014-09-26

Hi Nuel.I got a rash on my face.Will the Hypoderm range , help me.My skin is very sensitive.Please help

Posted by: Fatima | 2014-09-26

Nuel.So it does work?

Posted by: Sandra | 2014-09-19

Hi Nuel were did you get the product from is it called Hyperderm night cream. I have pigmentation and tried almost everything. Please can you help .

How much do hypoderm products cost,I really want to get rid of my acne :(

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)

Everything cost around R280

Posted by: sisb | 2014-09-02

I've just started using hypoderm at phamacy they told me is the best.i've used all this expensive products but never works to remove dark spot on my face(pimples and other chicken pox marks) thing that i don't want to change my skin colour and i also afraid that when i stop using hypoderm still those marks will come back.can someone that used it before and later stopped tell me what what will happen?

Reply to sisb

I've been using hypoderm for 1 week now and have seen immense results. However, my skin burns when I wash it. Anyone else has the same problem?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)

Hi. I also noticed a burning feeling below my eye area...... Using product for just over a month now.....I have seen results

Posted by: nonto | 2014-08-19

yoh im even scared to use it anymore but it was coming alright on my skin

Reply to nonto

I have dark marks caused by pimples, I started using hypoderm after a friend recommended it, the results were TRAGIC! I'm still going through it now, instead of taking away the marks, it just gave me more pimples and a rash...theafter a week the rash started getting darker and darker, now I've got the worst looking skin ever, I can't even look people in the eye anymore, its so sad, I feel like everyone is disgusted when they look at my face. Oh...I only used it for a week

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: pinky | 2014-09-12

before i use hypoderm i was having pimples and dark sports if u cannot that i was having pimples and dark sports my skin is soft and smooth thank to my friend who recommended hypoderm to memk atel that i was having pimples my skin is soft and smoth i

Posted by: Janeshiro | 2014-08-08

I am not sure..if I should continue to use hypoderm products' I am afraid of what might happen after I stop to use it..will the spots come back or certainly not?

Reply to Janeshiro
Posted by: sylvia | 2014-07-22

i had blemishes and dark marks left by this cheap creams and i went to adoctor and she prescribed hyporderm for me i used the facewash and night cream and my face was clear smooth and flawless in a week.

Reply to sylvia
Posted by: manana | 2014-07-19

I started using hypoderm face wash and dark spot corrector on monday and i hope it will work-as i have no tingling or itching and i apply sun screen after applying day cream in the morning

Reply to manana
Posted by: mis p | 2014-07-03

I hv been using expensive products for my face since 2010....pigmentation. Even the best dermatologist in Lister building couldn't help me. May 2014 a friend advised me to use hypoderm skin corrector.... .my skin is clear and I look young I don't even need a make up any more. I use face wash and the night and day cream. I also use their tissue oil at night. Blemishes are gone. Thank you Hypoderm.

Reply to mis p | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Cathy | 2014-08-07

You can get it in Randburg, there's a pharmacy next to Lewis furnishers.

Posted by: joy | 2014-07-09

Where can i where can i buy hypoderm aroind joburg?

Posted by: sponono | 2014-06-09

Hypoderm is good for our skin (face) let's stop using unchecked products it will cause us a problem

Reply to sponono
Posted by: sponono | 2014-06-09

Reply to sponono
Posted by: sponono | 2014-06-09

Reply to sponono

used the face wash and the dark spot corrector for almost a month now and my skin looks way better but got a scare from a pharmacist in braam who told me that they dont sell rubbish and hypoderm is such rubbish and the was banned. confused now coz it really works.

Reply to Anonymous | 2 comments (hide)

Where did u get it arnd joburg

Hi, im also using hypoderm face wash and dark spot corrector and already seeing results in less than a week. this ban thing is it true?

is dat product change skin color,,,,,pls help de sister owt I have terrible blck spot

Tge area aroubd my nose is so pinkish after applying this product just for 3days. i look more like Michael Jackson.

Posted by: sthembele | 2014-05-06

Does this product beans on ur face if yes...for how long do I have to experience this??? Plz help and m stating on my new job next week my face is band...because of this product I have more pimples and rash on my face....

Reply to sthembele
Posted by: lebo | 2014-05-04

I have been using extra clear before it is safe for me to leave It and use hypoderm? Because now I have serious blemishes all over my face..pls help

Reply to lebo | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: anonymous | 2014-08-23

Dont even try it...extra clear has hydroquinine which is suppose to make u lighter and hypoderm makes u light im not even sure what they put in there coz the cream comes without ingredients....But rather wait it least a week and a half or u could get skin burns hey..I have seen people's skin turn bad.

Posted by: lebo | 2014-05-04

Reply to lebo
Posted by: stheh | 2014-05-02

I think hypoderm it not a safe product to use coz it beans on ur skin the redness on the skin it also bad...this product may damage the layer of my skin...

Reply to stheh
Posted by: Lydia | 2014-05-02

I used hypoderm face wash only but i see the diffent on my skin.

Reply to Lydia
Posted by: Bongiwe | 2014-04-30

I had a big problem my face was darker 20 times than my normal complexion but now you cant believe I used this hypoderm day and night now am more beautiful with self confidence.

Reply to Bongiwe
Posted by: Ruth | 2014-04-15

hello good people,l bot da whle kit of hypoderm n my Q. z hw cn l use the Dark spot correctorrrrr.??? plzzzzz hlp me.

Reply to Ruth
Posted by: apies | 2014-04-14

I hav terible marks @ my face left by chickenpox is this product going to help me am so sad pls help

Reply to apies

Hi i want to try this product.i have a lot of dark marks alover mi face caused by pimples.will dis cream work fr me?

Posted by: shubby | 2014-03-07

Where can I find these products in oudtshoorn or goerge?

Reply to shubby
Posted by: shubby | 2014-03-07

Reply to shubby
Posted by: shubby | 2014-03-07

Reply to shubby
Posted by: Mologadie | 2014-02-25

Forever Epiblanc with the combination of Aloe suncreen is best to be used for acne and black spots

Reply to Mologadie

I need help A.S.A.P... My life is ruined! I'v been using Lemonvate cream (boiled in water and mixed with gentle magic and ponds) on my face and it worked wonders for me for over a year until i got sun burnt at the beach in december. Now the skin on my upper and lower lip is 10 times darker and i had used hypoderm for 2 days and it cracked my skin but its smoother and its not dry and flaky. What should i use to repair the damage i caused to my skin? Please help

Posted by: Khensani | 2014-02-18

I can say hypoderm worked for me. I have tried expensive products which didn't help me. My face is clear now and the beautiful thing about it is that it gives you your natural colour. I am dark in complexion and my face is flawless. I am loving it.

Reply to Khensani
Posted by: Khensani | 2014-02-18

Reply to Khensani
Posted by: albertina | 2014-01-25

is hypoderm removing pimples or just increasing the pimples?????????

Reply to albertina | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Rose Morapama | 2014-04-13

Hi, In 2013 I experienced hell on my face when I sudden had rush that left pimples on my neck and face for more than nine months, I then heard of Hypoderm products and honestly it worked and I'm currently able to walk in public without makeup trying to conceal black marks, wrinkles caused by many products that I used trying to vanish marks. I'm currently walking with big smile and pride with flawless skin tone. Hypoderm worked for me.

Posted by: Zandy | 2014-01-17

I have been using face wash and day cream for 4 days and ma face is peeling off and am becoming dark is this normal? If yes when am i going to see progress?

Reply to Zandy | 1 comment (hide)

It is only taking out the damaged layer, mine started like that but after a week my spots started to disappear and now my natural colour is back

Posted by: Clo | 2014-01-16

After i gave birth in 2011 my face bacame full of brown patches. I used the products only late december 2013 and walla here I am in 2014 with a clear face. It works wonders just within two weeks. Now I got my confidence back.

Reply to Clo
Posted by: tina | 2014-01-15

please for how long may be you need to use this product soo that you can get the result on your face , because Im using this product for five days now ,but there is a lot of rash on my face and starting to change color getting light around the mouth and nose ,, it will going to change the whole face or what now ?

Reply to tina | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: KHOLEKA | 2014-05-14

I am experiencing that ernomously pinkness around my nose and am scared as my skin tobe is completely lost. im light in complexion, dark blemishes r not moving away at all. i have stopped using now after 3 days. i was using dark spit corrector and night cream only.

Posted by: licious | 2014-01-12

I have black spots caused by chickenpox can I use hypoderm cream to remove this black spots on my face

Reply to licious
Posted by: stacia | 2014-01-03

I've used hypoderm for a month ,I had too many spots on my face Bt now they r gone,hypoderm really worked on my face. But one thing is dat I became pink around my eyes ND chicks, now I'm black around my eyes ND chicks Bt my Ada part of my skin is light in complexion,I have two colors .....plz help wat do I do,its urgent,I'm getting married nxt month#crying#

Reply to stacia
Posted by: zwivhuya | 2013-12-23

My mum had terible acne which left terible dark marks but she started using the hypoderm day n nyt cream also the spots corrector wooooooooooow frends she looks yanger than me all the backheads n spots. Are gon within three weeks i highly recomend it

Reply to zwivhuya
Posted by: zwivhuya | 2013-12-23

Reply to zwivhuya | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Zoleka | 2014-05-17

Stacia i have experience the same problem, scared for the future of my face I consulted a dermatologist who took time explaining the undesired consequences of this. I hope u stopped using this product anyway. Im so pinkish aroundmy nose and under both eyes and patches of pigmentation r so visible on both my cheeks.

Posted by: velaphi | 2013-12-22

good product. it works wonders on my skin.

Reply to velaphi | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Conny | 2014-06-20

Hi Velaphi, Where can i find it

I ve just bought night cream subsequent to asking thee chemist about my dark peeling skin. She recommended hypoderm. Shu I am scared afta hearing these neg comments

Posted by: Xoliswa | 2013-12-19

i would like to know where can i get this product as i am staying in kempton park or benoni

Reply to Xoliswa | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Akani | 2014-02-08

You cn get it at any pharmacy

Posted by: tee | 2013-11-19

hey guys i need to know from people using hypoderm, i have been using it for one week only the day cream i applied it at night as well, my skin started peeling within 3 days of using it but now after washing my face my skin is very shiny in a bad way when i apply the cream after washing my skin gets even mre shiny and nothing not even make up can hide the shiny parts, is this normal, did any of u experience this... please help before i discontinue

Reply to tee
Posted by: Betty | 2013-11-11

Hi there guys!. How long did i took you for your whole face to be cleared with hypoderm products? For me it has been a month now, but only a part of my face is cleared but the rest of the face is dark. I look terible, and people are always asking me what happened to my face. I want my face to have one colour, but it seems like i have to look like this for months.

Reply to Betty | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: kholeka | 2014-05-14

how did u resolve your problem? The skin around my nose is so pinkish, i have stopped using as I could notvbeen able to get hold of the company.

I have been using the products its has been 2years now, and it did wonders in my face and what I love about this product is that it has sunscreen in it. I have started using the dark spot correction for dark marks.

Posted by: anonamous | 2013-10-23

Hi der ppl, is it ok to jus use the day cream?

Reply to anonamous
Posted by: candy | 2013-10-23

Its a good product but once u stop using it the spot marks cum bk

Reply to candy | 3 comments (hide)
Posted by: pinky | 2014-09-12

Istop using hypoderm for a month and nothing change my skin was stil soft and smooth

True

Posted by: Hlengiwe | 2014-01-07

True

Posted by: latticia | 2013-10-10

I used this product for about 6 months now it really works for me all the blemishes and dark spots ar gone and I'm having light complection but it leaves some parts on my face red wht must I do 2 remove this redness or should I try sunscreen?

Reply to latticia

This product really helped to clear up my acne because of its exfoliative properties but it left awful blotches of hypopigmented skin in its wake so I've ended up with an 80% reduction in acne and blotches of patchy white skin. I've traded one problem for another:(

Doctor can i ask? I have black sports on the back of my legs what can i use?

Posted by: Boitumelo | 2013-09-27

Doctor can i ask?

Reply to Boitumelo

Hi I have used this product for the past two mnths its amazing. Always use sunscreen tho

Posted by: Cher | 2013-09-12

I have used Hypoderm for three days I can not stand the burning feeling and all my skin is not bad so I am putting a lid on it bin is where its heading

Reply to Cher
Posted by: pretty | 2013-09-05

2 doctors reccomended this product so i started using it about 3 weeks. i can already see the difference. all my friends are also say so. but now my pharmacy is out of stock. any idea where i can buy this product in eastern cape?

Reply to pretty | 1 comment (hide)

Hello apparently the product is banned as you can see there is nowhere you can find it. Hope this is helpful

Posted by: THULANI | 2013-09-05

YA, THE PRODUCT WORKS WELL BUT THEY SHOULD MAKE A SUNSCREEN TO USE WITH THE DAY CREAM. WORKS BRILLIANT FOR BLACKHEADS AND SPOTS..

Reply to THULANI
Posted by: waleda | 2013-09-05

SAW A VAST IMPROVEMENT IN MY SKIN TONE AND TEXTURE AFTER 3 MONTHS. PEELED OF ALL MY DEAD SKIN AND LEFT MY FACE LOOKING YEARS YOUNGER. I THINK IT USES A PURE FORM OF VITAMIN A. THATS WHAT I READ UP ON GOOGLE.

Reply to waleda
Posted by: pitso | 2013-09-05

dark spot cream really help clear my breakout. also had a bit of redness, but started using sunscreen which helped it settle. best product ive used so far.

Reply to pitso | 1 comment (hide)

Hi I like to now what sun block u used

Posted by: patricia | 2013-09-05

works beautifully. but you gotta wear a sunscreen. i dont think the range has one, but any other would do.

Reply to patricia
Posted by: michelle | 2013-09-05

used this product for past year. results have been great. about 80% of my acne marks and spots have gradually faded. initially the product did burn my skin. apparently its the retinol in it, which is a form of vitamin A. after using a sunscreen the tingling stopped. highly recommend it

Reply to michelle

The scary part about hypoderm products is that there are no bar codes nor customer numbers on them and they only give a brief of the ingriedients on the products container; to make matters worse there is nothing about hypoderm on the net. Im also using it and it works wonders on my skin but the burning questions are that how safe are they and what could be the long term side effects? Is it safe to use during pregnancy?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: sergio | 2014-05-29

it is safe as well as you dont mix it with other product

Hi doc is this product recomended to a person under the age of 19

Posted by: Lebo | 2013-09-02

Is this product recomended to a person under da age of 19?plz help i hve so many dark spot in ma face

Reply to Lebo | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: sergio | 2014-05-29

lebo try to use hypoderm darkspot and toner and it does wonders

Posted by: Bokang | 2013-08-31

hi, I've been using this product for a week now and my skin burns after washing it and changes its texture, So is it normal for the skin to get irritated even after applying the product....does it that way?

Reply to Bokang
Posted by: issie | 2013-08-22

I'm loving the product only tried it for 2weels can already see the difference, im just loving my new skin

Reply to issie
Posted by: medy | 2013-08-16

I look terrible I ruined my skin ...ilook lyk Michel Jackson....crying

Reply to medy | 1 comment (hide)

Ruined using what?

Posted by: Jessica | 2013-08-16

Im currently using this product and it has improved the look and feel of my skin tremondously. When i started using the face wash it would dry my skin to the extent that it would crack or tear, however after a few weeks of using the facewash together with the night cream and day cream my skin looks and feels so much better. I no longer have breakouts and the marks are fading, my skin is getting brighter everyday Really love this product

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Tlangelani | 2013-08-07

Hypoderm works wonders!

Reply to Tlangelani
Posted by: Tlangelani | 2013-08-07

Hypoderm works wonders!

Reply to Tlangelani
Posted by: Sharifa | 2013-08-02

I love Hypoderm, I am using spots corrector I used it for few days but the results are amazing, My skin looks young,soft and it is restoring my natural complexion. My face was getting dark due to blemishes left by pimples but now I am glowing and light again. It renews cells and it has retinol that helps to reduces fine lines and wrinkles. People are complimenting on my skin they say I look younger and I feel it too. My skin is soft and to my suprise this spots corrector is clearing my pimples because I peel and when I wash my face everything is removed i.e blackheads,dead skin cells and whiteheads and I am left with soft brand new skin and lastly it minimizes pores but ALWAYS wear sunscreen ALWAYS because it makes skin sensitive to the sun as your skin peel the new skin will be sensitive, you can tell by how soft your skin will be that it needs protection. I love the fact that it's not harsh but it gentle works amazing.

Reply to Sharifa
Posted by: Queen | 2013-07-30

what would be the best product instead?

Reply to Queen
Posted by: lamla | 2013-07-29

this cream has worked wonders for my skin. it got rid of all my acne that i had on my cheeks and for head. it removed all the dead skin cells on my face. my skin was shedding alot from all the acne marks i had from highschool. this is my second month and nearly 75percent of my blemishes are gone and every body keeps complimenting me how fair and beautiful my skin is. i even hav a glow in my skin . it looks healthier . just to think i only starting seeing results within 2 weeks of using this product. i thank my mom and the dermatologist who recommended it.

Reply to lamla

Yooooooh am gaining complexion guyz since I've started usng dis hypoderm product

Posted by: Dimakatso | 2013-07-17

I really need the product where can I find it because where I used to buy it is no more available, pls help it really worked for me I'm around (Johanesburg) thanx

Reply to Dimakatso | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: chyna gal | 2013-08-06

you can find it in braaimfontein at the Selgo pharmacy in de kort street

Posted by: NELIE | 2013-07-04

PHARMA VALUE HAVE STOCK OF HYPODERM

Reply to NELIE
Posted by: Sonto | 2013-07-02

I've just started using the cream, i hope itz gonna work for me

Reply to Sonto
Posted by: mrs M.Vhukeya | 2013-06-28

Hypoderm really works I have seen result on my sister she is using it her skin is so nice now those dark spot and acne is gone

Reply to mrs M.Vhukeya
Posted by: Rose | 2013-06-24

Hay , I have pigmantation all over my face , dr advise me for dis cream that its remove pigmantation. Iv been using these all most 2month , and there is no defference , shuld I continue or what?

Reply to Rose
Posted by: Themby | 2013-06-11

I had terrible skin breakouts when i moved from KZN to JHB, i googled alot of skin products which made my skin even worse. I then asked my mom to Post Hypoderm Cream for me because i didnt know where to buy it this side. Within 3 days of using it, my skin started pealing of all pimples and spots started clearing. Its a miracle i tell you it really works.

Reply to Themby

this products is working for me

Posted by: kea mol (mahikeng) | 2013-05-14

hi Dr I need this hypoderm I have more dark spot on my face,please let me know where to get it ugerntly

Reply to kea mol (mahikeng)
Posted by: louie | 2013-04-18

thats the best range of creams nd they gt a dark spot corrector it really works

Reply to louie
Posted by: Sue | 2012-08-30

I used Hypoderm, face was burning and itchy, terrible experience, heard also had nasty experiences, the texture of cream keeps on changing which is very suspicious

Reply to Sue
Posted by: precious | 2012-08-01

hypoderm day and night cream and face wash they help me so much i had so much dark marks left by the pimples. I only use it for a week and the dark marks were started to be clear. it really works

Reply to precious | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: lize | 2013-04-26

Hi Precious , i use the facewash and its working for my pimples js that it dries my skin. how long did it take u to see results?

Posted by: REUBEN KGANYAGO | 2012-07-05

Good product. Need it urgently.

Reply to REUBEN KGANYAGO
Posted by: Reuben Kganyago | 2012-07-05

Good product. Need it urgently for my wife.

Reply to Reuben Kganyago
Posted by: Precious | 2012-07-02

Hie doc m hvn a scar for a vry lng tym,at the same time am hvn black marks so i went to the pharmacy and they recomend hypoderm so i wanted to know that it won''t affect my scar or face?

Reply to Precious
Posted by: Thabisa | 2012-06-04

sometmes i develop pimples to my face, doctor recommended to buy me buy this cream,does it help the

Reply to Thabisa
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012-05-13

Reply to anti-ageing expert | 1 comment (hide)

After applying night cream of hyåpoderm I am having a very soft and bright pink complexion around my nose. I have since stopped using. is there any chance to reverse this damage?

Want to comment?