Question
Posted by: Tash | 2009/11/17

Hypnotherapy

I want to go to a Clinical Hypnotherapist to help me with my emotional overeating. Can it really help? And are there any dangers I should be aware off?

No, it can't really help. Firstly, anyone who offers "hypnotherapy" who is not a fully qualified peychistrist or psychologist should not be trusted. They do not have the training or skill to make a proper diagnosis or to evaluate all other possible treatments and choose what would be best for you.
They're like a carpenter with nothing in his toolkit but a hammer - so to him, everything looks like a nail, and he hits it.
There is no good evidence that hypnosis is a good therapy for obesity, let alone the best option. At most it would only try to help you to do what you must do anyhow, to eat a better diet and to exercise more wisely. A dietician would be more useful

5
Posted by: bee | 2009/11/17

I think you should try hypnosis, with a qualified psychologist though. i did and although it wasnt for weight but for smoking, I stopped smoking, drinking lots of Coca cola, etc.
I dont know how it works, as I didnt even feel like I was under when she " " hypnotised"  me. So it does work, somehow... subconciously, they rewrite your recording in the subconcious.

Reply to bee
Posted by: Tash | 2009/11/17

Glad you found something. I recently tried Simply Slim, which also contains a amino acid, and I felt horrible. It did reduce my appetite, but I can' t live with the other side effects. I' ll get some info on this Tryptophan.

Reply to Tash
Posted by: as | 2009/11/17

I haven' t tried hynotherapy but I have found a semi solution in the menatime. It' s called Tryptophan. An amino acid that helps you feel better and I also found it reduced my appetite. I can take it on an empty stomach with fruit juice and then a glass of water and I actually then cannot eat more. Physically. Because emotionally I could eat 24 hours a day.

Good luck in any case.

Reply to as
Posted by: as | 2009/11/17

Good luck in any case.

Reply to as