Question
Posted by: Mike | 2009-07-27

Hyperthyroidism

I was recently given a prescription for an underactive thyroid based on a slightly higher than normal blood test result. The previous year showed a much higher reading and the doctor did not prescribe any medication but has now done so even though the TSH level has come down and is only 0.2 above the acceptable levels taken at this year’ s annual check-up.

Would you recommend any supplement that could possibly correct the thyroid function to reach and remain within the acceptable level, without having to take the prescribed medication on an on-going basis as I'  m not experiencing all the symptoms of hypothyroidism?

Dear Mike
supplements would not really help - it depends on the whole picture of the thyroid function test and whether the function is going up or down. Ask your doctor why he felt you needed this now?

1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-07-27

I also ha'  hyperthyriodism and was medicated till it stabilizes and now I' m off the meds so you might not even need it that long although it might have flared up again as I get so hot at night that I have to throw the blankets off me or it could just be due to the night mares I got cause I stressed either way its not to say you have to drink the meds continuesly only when needed.

Reply to Zexeon