Posted by: suna bossert | 2009-07-01

Dear Docter,

When are you at risk for stroke or heart attack with high blood pressure?

I' m used to having higher than usual pressure +- 148/95 while using my cronic medication.

I took my reading earlier today and it is 157/106 &  160/103.
It is a bit higher than normal but am I really at risk for any major incidents??

Kind Regards

Hallo Suna
A blood pressure of 140 or higher at the top and 90 or higher at the bottom is doing damage to the kidneys, heart, eyes and brain - even if you don't feel sick and have no symptoms ( that is why hypertension is called the "silent killer") You are at risk for developing kidney failure, blindness, heart disease and stroke. Your doctor may need to review your medication. You can also try to add natural health supplements to your current treatment - see Also try taking one teaspoon of honey each morning if you are not diabetic.

Posted by: Bozo | 2009-07-01

I will leave the answer to the professionals ,however you might want to drink a teaspoon of ceyenne pepper every morning with about 100ml hot water.

I am on prescribed cronic HBp medicine and my readings where average 155/95 . Since taking the ceyenne pepper ( about 6 months) my last two readings at my GP was 117/90 and 120 /90.

Do your self a favour and google Ceyenne pepper.

Reply to Bozo