Question
Posted by: Hypertension | 2009-03-06

Hypertension Studies

I have been asked by my doctor to do the studies/trials - so i have not taken my medication for a few days and must not until I see them again on Tuesday. On the first morning of no medication and seeing them my blood pressure was low. But yesterday and this morning I had the most horrific headache (i was in tears), so i popped into their offices this morning and it read 165 / 115 - high. After a few minutes of sitting there, they took it again and it started lowering (after a bit of laughter) so she suggested having some anxiety medication to calm me (as I get anxious when I get the headache- I worry I might have a heart attack or something), and try to keep going until tuesday morning when they see me again. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I have now taken 1/2 tablet as she suggested and I am calm, tired, giggly. But before this I was having second thoughts about continuing, it is dangerous to play around with hypertension. What should I do???

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You should discuss this with your doctor. I do not think that you will have a complication of high blood pressure in such a short time but once again, it is important to discuss this with your doctor.