Question
Posted by: julz | 2009-03-03

hypertension question

A few months ago, I noticed my head feeling wierd when I am dealing with something extremely stressful  often at work. But a if I take a break, or resolve the issue, the strange feeling in my head would stop. I started going to the nurse when this happens, and my blood pressure would be elevated. One time it felt so bad that I decided to go to the clinic, but by the time I got in to see the doctor, my blood pressure was normal. I am noticing that I feel dizzy when stressed, not often, but enough for me to notice. It even happens when I am doing fun things like singing in the choir. Just recently, I felt faint and had to sit down. I immediately went to the emergency room. When I got there I waited for 30-45 min before I was called in. My blood pressure was 145/94., that is after I was calming my self down for an hour. By the time I got in to see the doctor, it was 133/75. Is this normal? I am making some immediate changes to my diet. But I would like some advice.

Dear Julz
Take you blood pressure every day at the same time for a week and work out the average top and bottom reading - if above 140 at the top, and 90 at the bottom, it is too high. If it is not that high you may need to take something for anxiety - you could try Biral ( available over the counter)

1
Posted by: Ells | 2009-04-04

I went to the do as well yesterday with the same problem. Work stress is high and on the way to work I almost fainted driving. Once at the doc I just lay down and I felt better.I think we need to stop when we feel the symptoms, change our thoughts...and take a deep breath..Stressing more will probably cause one to faint.

Reply to Ells