Question
Posted by: shareen | 2010/10/06

hypertension medication/HELP

Please help me. I am on Ciplavasc tablets for my hypertension. My GP anf the pharmacist(wherei collect it) said not to take it.
I ask my Gyne and he said their is nothing wrong and i can continue with it. Now I check the internet and it said that it should be avoided during pregnancy as it can harm the baby.
So worried so worried, if idon''''t take it my blood pressure goes up.
what should I do????
shareen

I assume that you are pregnant. There aren't really any studies on pregnancy effects but other similar drugs are used safely in pregnancy.You could change to a different antihypertensive such as Aldomet.Best wishes

2