Question
Posted by: inajay | 2011/09/15

hypertension medication

I read in a article that medication for blood pressure can block weight loss. I am doing everything I should: eat less walking the treadmill but since starting drinking Tareg 160mg I can not lose weight.
Can you recommend something else please?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Inajay

Unfortunately I'm in no position to recommend a change to your treatment - Your doctor is the only one who should do that.

Regarding your weight: Are you simply not losing any weight, or do you find that your weight is actually increasing? If it is the latter, I suggest speaking about this with your doctor as significant amounts of weight gain may indicate that your body is retaining fluid and could signal congestive heart failure.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/09/19

Hi Inajay

Reply to pharmacist