Question
Posted by: Erica | 2010/01/13

Hypertension and numbness in leg

I am a 35-year-old woman, do not smoke, 1.57 cm tall and weigh 52 kg. Was diagnosed with high blood pressure last year when I started feeling dizzy and " benoud"  and ears ringing. My BP was measured at 213 / 135 and pulse rate 120 beats per minute. The doctor was shocked that I wasn' t busy having a stroke! Don' t know what caused it, never had problems before. Trying to cut down on my very high salt intake. Am taking Cipalat Retard daily, it is helping a lot, I feel much better. BP measured almost normal about 2 weeks ago. But I have this constant numbness in my left leg and foot. Some days worse than others. Sometimes it feels like my leg is totally dead and if I stand on it, it feels like it will collapse under me. Always the left leg. Is this related to my blood pressure? Is it serious?

Hallo Erica
It is more likely due to a nerve pinching in the lower back if it is only in the one leg. Ask your doctor to have a look - no relationship with hypertension.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/13

Hallo Erica

Reply to cyberdoc