Question
Posted by: Anna Qomfo | 2011-06-22

Hypertension

My age is 52 and am treated at a State hospital for hypertension.
At present I am taking the following medication daily as prescribed by them.
Ridaq 25 mg 1 in the morning
Ridag 12.5 mg 2 in the morning
Prexum 1 in the morning
Bio-Atenolol 1/2 in the morning
Adalat XL 30 3 in the morning

Is this correct that I take all these tablets daily? Have been having quite a few dizzy spells lately and doctors put it all down to my high blood pressure. Please advise.

Anna

The combination of medication that you are using should be effective to control your hypertension. The Adalat XL can be the cause for your dizzy spells and if your dizzy spells are really frequent, you should ask your doctor to re-evaluate your anti-hypertensive medication.

You can consult a private doctor for a 24 hour blood pressure monitor, as this will give a clear indication of what your blood pressure does during the day and night on your current medication.