Question
Posted by: Ronel | 2011/04/19

Hypertension

I would like to understand why my upper BP strugles to come down, while the bottem one is already low? In the morning it is on average 147 / 60 and later during the day it will drop to 134 / 58. I use Ziak 10mg and Eltroxin 0.1mg as well as crestor 5mg in the morning and since a month ago in the evning 0.5mh Amloc. I am fit and heathy otherwise, with low colestrol ( 4,1) but due to my falmily history my dr sugested that I take the Crestor as prevention. My resting heartrate is 55 to 60bpm. I Excercise at least 4 times a week for 45 min. Should I change medication, or need I not worry over the high upper number?

Hallo Ronel
Yes, you need to give attention to the high upper reading. It is called isolated systolic hypertension and common in older people, diabetics and smokers. Your doctor may need to review your medication and maybe change the dose/type of medication.

See http://hypertension.emedtv.com/isolated-systolic-hypertension/isolated-systolic-hypertension.html

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/19

Hallo Ronel