Question
Posted by: Delene | 2011/02/10

Hypertension

My blind daughter suffers from hypotension with BP of 100/70 being normal for her, it often drop to as low as 60/40 and she then has to be hospitalized.
She had Aclasta infussion 2 weeks ago (for Osteoporoses) and have been suffering from severe headaches and nausea since then. It became so bad that she was admitted to hospital on 4 days ago and is still there. Although the headache seems to have improved slightly, she now suddenly suffers of hypertension and the dr does not want to discharge her because of this. Her BP (usually after 7pm) goes as high as 151/120! They gave her Atarax and after falling asleep, it dropped to 135/110 but later again rose to 145/112. During the day it seems to stay in the region of 125/71. What on earth could cause this? She is not taking any new medication. I am worried sick and would aprpeciate your opinion as the dr who admitted her has not been able to speak to me due to a very busy schedule. Please reply as soon as possible! Thanks for your assitance.

Hallo Delene
Aclasta can cause nausea and headache as side effects. It can also cause temporary kidney dysfunction which may be the cause of the high blood pressure at the moment. He needs to monitor the kidney function and keep her in hospital until her blood pressure stabilizes.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/10

Hallo Delene
dr Bets