Question
Posted by: Blue | 2009-01-23

Hyperactive child

I want to know what to do to help my daughter,she is 9 years of age, in grade 4 and her teacher told me that she is always in her own world dream land,she does not concentrate in class.When she give them class work to do she will just stand and go and play with puzzels or go to the board and write or draw,or she will just sing in the middle of the class.I need help

There could be various explanations for this situation --- ideally, she should see a good local child psychiatrist or child psychologist for a full assessment. Only with an expert diagnosis can you plan whether any treatment is needed, and, if so, what. Do NOT acept any diagnosis made by an Occupational Therapist, as they are NOT qualified to make a diagnosis.