Question
Posted by: busyliz | 2002-01-23

Hyper-nitremia or Hypo-nitrimia - low sodium levels?

I would like to have some information on the causes and any literature regarding the above please (P.S. the correct spelling could also help)

Busyliz, low sodium levels are called hyponatraemia and is probably the most common electrolyte disturbance seen in hospital patients (up to 1% of patients). Basically the causes can be divided in two main groups:
1. Sodium depletion in excess of water depletion or replacement of sodium with water alone.
2. Water intake in excess of water output (always implies impaired water excretion).
If you need more detail, please let me know. Just remember that this forum is intended for direct questions and answers and that I can’t really give you an in depth discussion on hyponatraemia. Good luck.

2
Posted by: dipesh | 2014-03-28

please say about hyper nitromia and its preventive measures.

Reply to dipesh
Posted by: CyberDoc | 2002-01-27

Reply to CyberDoc