Question
Posted by: Rhoda | 2010-03-09

hymen?

Is it possible to break the hymen when you''ve not had sex?

A vaginal examination would do this and some women are born with very thin or no hymen.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-03-11

Posted by: Purple | 2010-03-10

Yes it is. Especially girls who do horse riding, gymnastics, athletics and so on.

In some girls the hymen is very flexible and just moves out of the way - n some cases even when they have had sex.
Some girls are born without a hymen.
Some girls have such tough hymen''s that in order for them to actually have sex it has to be cut surgically.

Not everyone bleeds when their hymen is torn either. I didn''t bleed the first time I had sex. Who knows whether I was born without one or it was because I was a normal little girl who climbed trees, ran around, rode bicycles and horses, did ballet - where we did the splits and enjoyed being a child.

This is why virginity testing is such a laugh. The " virginity testers"  are testing for the presence of something that doesn''t actually indicate virginity. And what about girls who have had their hymen torn because of sexual abuse - it''s hardly their fault, and I hope they still think of themselves as virgins.

Reply to Purple