Question

Hv I reached a plateau?

I am'' exercising 3/wk since Jan.2011 and since last week 2/wk and have lost only 1kg and put it back on again. Each session is 60min long and I''m not doing weight training.Last wk, I hv started with the leg extension, leg curl, is that the reason why my weight have stayed the same?Is it possible that I have gained muscle since last wk?If I have reached a plateau, what should I do to get out of it.My eatingplan is the same, and I am careful with luxuries and fat in my diet. Thanks

It's possible that you've gained a bit of lean mass, but there are a number of other things to look at here. One is current weight. Maybe you don't have weight to lose, that you're at a goal weight already.

The other is diet. It may not have changed much, but it might be that you need to look at subtleties like portion size, timing of meals, frequency, and content. It's not just about luxuries and fat, though that is of course very helpful. So this is probably the key area to focus on.

Then fitness - are you getting fitter in training? Because continued progress requires continued progress, if you know what I mean. You need to constantly be aiming to improve your fitness, if you are going further or faster, then your weight will also come down. So I'd avoid the pre-occupation with the scale, and rather spend the next 4 to 5 weeks on getting fitter and stronger. Then reweigh and see what has changed!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/18

Reply to fitnessdoc