Posted by: Anonnie | 2009-06-24

Husky Cross

I have a husky crossed with a golden Lab, He is a little over a year old now, he has all the husky looks. I got him at six weeks of age and i got him with 3 legs, apparently something with poison bit his fore right leg and it started rotting and his mother chewed his leg off, nobody wanted him so i adopted him as i see nothing wrong, he is a very normal dog, he runs and is very quick he even dig holes and hes got 1 front leg???

I have picked up that he is very skinny, my vet told me that he cant really get fat becuase of his leg but he really eats alot and he is just bone underneath all the hair and his tummy is very thin it looks like he is not eating, he is a only dog, very active as we have a big yard, can there be something wrong with him or is it bcoz hes so active and is he still growing at the age of 1 year bcoz he is short like a staffie size??

Dear Anonnie

Why don't you listen to your vet and them come and ask all theses vague questions on this site. Some people have jobs you know.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-25

Well look... my sense of humour and the cvet' s don' t always coincide... but what did you want to hear? You took your dog to the vet. You should be asking HIM these things - he can see the dog, he can tell you if it' s really too thin or if you' re worried for nothing. What do you expect a complete stranger, who hasn' t seen the dog, to tell you?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Anonnie | 2009-06-25

Yes He does,i dont know what i said wrong but i am sure that if he stood infront of me he would have bitten my head off about a Q. Think he needs a break to get himself sorted

Reply to Anonnie
Posted by: Carla | 2009-06-25

Is it just me or does the cybervet have SERIOUS issues

Reply to Carla
Posted by: Anonnie | 2009-06-25

Cybervet, your an a$$hole ok. I asked a siple Q and you get mean, i dont think i did anything to you, so get your F*cking story streight. a$$

Reply to Anonnie
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-24

If you discussed the dog' s weight with your vet, I' m sure you will also have mentioned what he eats.

It' s far better for a dog to be thin rather than fat, and as you say, with his 3 legs, he has an additional reason not to be overweight.

If he' s healthy and active and playful, and his coat is nice and shiny, then I don' t think you should worry too much. Do make sure you deworm him regularly, of course - get the worm meds from the vet.

Reply to Chill