Question
Posted by: Thea | 2011-11-02

Husbands past pornography addiction and my anxiety

My husband had a sever pornography addiction before we got married. It affected our sex life escalating in an incident where he restrained me and wouldn''t let me go. It scared us both and we decided something needed to be done about it. We both went to therapy. He has done so well and has been ''clean'' for 10 months now. Our sex life has improved dramatically and he is dealing with the root cause - his crippling anxiety of failure and time management. But I am not free from the anxiety. Sometimes I find myself full of fear of leaving him alone or I check his computer. How do I heal like he is healing?

Expert ImageAddictions expert

It is normal for you to feel a measure of mistrust given the nature of the issues which you have faced in your marriage i recommend that you continue with your thearapy as it is imperative that you be given the opportunity to fully explore and integrate your feelings and your fears around your husbands addiction.

1
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011-11-09

Reply to Addictions expert