Question
Posted by: angry | 2008/08/17

husbands at gynae

I appreciate your comment about this matter, but what is the big deal about giving a gynae exam in front of the husband, I think that gynaes should understand where men are coming from and make them also feel as comfortable as possible, and this probably includes them being present in the examination of their wives, it will sort out any questions they may have, and please understand that this does not in any way question the professionalism of the doc or his wife.Could the reason be explained please, why the privacy. There need not be privacy between a husband and wife, and it is quite different to a prostrate exam on a man, as it deals with sexual parts, and men are possessive, and thats a good thing.Can someone give a good explanation for this privacy issue of doctors and a lot of woman.

There is always privacy between a doctor and a patient and this is no different for a gynae exam. The husband does not possess the wife's sexual parts any more than she possesses his lungs or kidneys. Family members are not present for examinations of their partners' lungs or kidneys. This is no different for a gynae examination.