Question
Posted by: CAMMY | 2008/11/17

HUSBAND WITH DEPRESSION IS SUICIDAL

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! MY HUSBAND SUFFERS FROM ACUTE DEPRESSION AND HAS SUICIDAL NOTIONS! HE WANTS A DIVORCE AND SAYS HE ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME AND OUR KIDS! HE SAYS HE ISNT WORTH WORRYING ABOUT OR WASTING MY TIME TRYING TO SAVE HIM AND KEEPS SAYING I WILL BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT HIM ALL THE TIME! HE DOESNT WANT TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST OR GET HELP, NOT EVEN FROM OUR REVERAND! WHAT CAN I DO? I AM NOT GOING TO ALLOW HIM TO DO THIS TO OUR LIFE TOGETHER OF ALMOST 15 YEARS! WE HAVE TO SMALL KIDS WHO ADORE HIM, AGED 8 AND 4! I NEED ADVICE PLEASE! I AM HOPELESS AND A NERVOUS WRECK WITH WORRY!

Sounds like a very serious risk of suicide, and the conviction that he is worthless and not deseriving of help is sadly typical of such situations. If you believe there is a serious risk of him harming himself, you could approach his psychiatrist ( if he has seen one before ) or discuss this with your GP ( especially if he has seen your husband before, for any reason ) and discuss the possibility of arrangeing for a compulsory admission to hospital fo him to be assessed and if necessary, treated.

1
Posted by: penny | 2008/11/17

Hi there, sorry to hear of this problem with my experiance sounds like hubby is suffering with a little bio polar disorder, and yes you have to try get him to the doctors.

Reply to penny