Question
Posted by: Martie | 2009/07/25

Husband with depression

Hi Doc. Today I took my husband to our GP because he is becoming a shadow of himself. He is shrinking, his posture is bent, he is getting a little abdominal fat. He is an athlete and has no more endurance during training. His sex drive is poor and sex occurs only when I initiate and not even always then. He is suddenly grey and looks like an old man. So the GP says this is depression. When I disagreed he scolded me severly asking where I got my medical degree. I thought it could have been hormonal.

it may be depression but your husband may also be suffering from a decrease in testosterone. testosterone is a key hormone in male health and well-being. please ask for a second opinion by taking your husband to another GP in order to test his testosterone levels.

2
Posted by: Martie | 2009/07/25

Thank you doc. I was wondering whether I should do that.

Reply to Martie
Posted by: Martie | 2009/07/25

O yes, I forgot to say, husband is 38.

Reply to Martie