Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2009/03/05

Husband sick and on antibiotics

I am tracking fertile days with ovulation tests. Today I got a postive. Only thing is that my husband was put on antibiotics and cortizone (panacort or something) for a throat infection. He was also given a mild sleeping tablet / anxiety tablet because he has been battling to fall asleep.

CAn any of this affect our chances of conceiving this month? Also can any of these medicines affect the fetus should I happen to conveiev in the next few days?

Dear Concerned

The fact that your husband was put on antibiotics and cortizone will not affect your chances of conceiving this month. In addition the medication that he is taking should not have any increased effect on the foetus of any potential problems.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo