Posted by: Mawicks | 2009-05-18

Husband refuses to maintain kids

My husband, has been abusing me physically, mentally and emotionally for quiet a long time now. He claims tha I am a lunatic, a dub who needs divine intervention and he says I use the kids to demand money from him for myself.
How long will it take for me to get this maintenance issue settled? My son goes to a private school and has been given a letter to of demand otherwise he' ll be expelled.Please advice.

I hope other readers can advise on the maintenance issue --- try visiting your local Maintenance Court ( usually at the Magistrate's COurt ) and they should be able to advise ). Once maintenance has been decided by the court, he would be in trouble with the court if he did not pay. and they would look at the expenses you can demonstrate, and at his ability to pay.

Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-05-18

Are you divorced? Seperated? Do you live seperately?

You need to make an appointment and go and see the Maintenance officer at your nearest Magistrate' s court and get things going. Unfortunatelly it all takes alot of time but the sooner you start the sooner you' ll get your maintenance.

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend