Question
Posted by: Tina | 2009-07-23

Husband refuse to pay Bill

I know my issue might not be that serious but I need your advice. My Husband &  I got paid on Monday and we are married in out of Comm of Prop. We got our own separate bills to pay like car installment and other stuff so we share what we both used like grocers, so Tuesday I bought grocery for R850 and also pay a full tank for my car that we are both utilize. So yesterday I ask him if we could go out and have supper since I was lazy to cook, so the issues was paying the bill, he refuse to pay the bill and he said to me I’ m the one that initiated the outing and he got other stuff to pay so I must pay, as if I don’ t have bills of my own and on top of that his food bill was more expensive than ours(child &  I) So I said to him I’ m not going to pay or else we must split the bill, so he decided to pay and he hasn’ t talked to me since yesterday. So can you please advice me on what was a better way that I should have handle this situation or what should I said to him when he refused to pay. I don’ t think it was fair to me.

Yes, he has other stuff to pay --- like his share of mpetrol and other car expenses for a car of yours he uses, and his share of the groceries ! And in sulking and not talking to you, he is being really childish, and unfair.
If he has this mean attitude generally, it might have been better tom have had he discussion before leaving home, and to have decided how to split the bill. If he ate more tha you and the child because he assumed you would pay the bill, that's really very mean.

4
Posted by: Karmen | 2009-07-23

A man is supposed to provide for his family. I don' t know the whole story, obviously, but it sounds like he' s taken the, " what' s mine is mine, what' s yours is mine."  route. If I were you, I' d put in a little bit of petrol when you go out and he can put in as he needs.

Reply to Karmen
Posted by: Tete | 2009-07-23

Thats what all guys are like.

Reply to Tete
Posted by: Tina | 2009-07-23

I should have done that dear next time i will take your advice.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: Really | 2009-07-23

Something is wrong with this dude. why not just make bread and butter and have it with Tea, juice or even water when you are tired????

Reply to Really