Question

Husband - Porn

Hi - I am confused, I need advice
I caught my husband watching porn on the PC a few months ago. I forgave him. He promised he would stop. This weekend I found out that he is still at it. We come from a very religious background. I cant even look at him right now. I need advice. I am really hurting.

Please search the archives of this forum, as I have discussed this question so very, very many times before.

13
Posted by: anon | 2008/09/16

If porn has no impact on how you behave, then why do companies spend billions on ADVERTISING? Because it influences the way we think and act. Dumbass

Reply to anon
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/15

Like really - Men take it differently than women do.

Sephyr - you don' t know what you' re talking about! You are cruel! Porn causes lots of problems for happy people! People differ and it' s our right to differ, but there' s a difference between right and wrong!

Reply to EL
Posted by: like really | 2008/09/15

I watch more porn than I care to remember.... I have a collection from like 4 years ago... some months I forget I have DVD’ s in my house some days I do watch it. So far it has not affected my relationship in any way... I know what I like ad do not like. I know what am capable of and what am not. I also know where to touch my man and where not to go....

I have invited my female friends over to watch and discuss, praise or criticize … .

I have learned a few things, plus I have watched for fun....
I have not seen any harm, and I a religious, Christian woman...

Reply to like really
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/15

Just show him that you' re more fun to be around with.

Reply to EL

Well, I think we must stop being so uptight everything. If he watch PORN the whole day and it takes up alot of his time then I think his got a PROBLEm. Well me and my hubby don' t watch porn but occacionally we watch it to perfect certain positions. PORN can be a learning experience

Posted by: Sad | 2008/09/15

Whats the big deal about it? I am not being mean, but I would really like to know?

Sexual desire and curiosity is a natural thing. You may not like it, but why shun him? He is not cheating on you.

Personally I would prefer him looking a porn and knowing he is at home, than he going out and fulfulling his needs elsewhere.

Its disturbing that you said you forgave him.... there was nothing to forgive. Unless its kiddie porn, I dont see the harm.

Reply to Sad
Posted by: sephyr | 2008/09/15

sorry did not meen to say christian but religous people.

Reply to sephyr
Posted by: sephyr | 2008/09/15

it is because you christaan women see sex as a filthy discusting thing and you most propably have sex once a month,can you blame him!!!!start with satisfying your husband in your own bedroom and he will not need to look at porn.

Reply to sephyr

Thanx guys for taking time to reply. You do not know how much your repies mean to me.

Posted by: Just me | 2008/09/15

Just me

My opinion… .If your husband watches porn regularly and it takes up a great part of his day… it could lead to a BIG problem.. being a Christian is not gonna stop him from doing it… unless HE wants to stop… I agree this is not a christian thing to do… but he’ ll most probably give into temptation… and do it anyway. The problem with porn could be that it could lead to more serious things… you see..after a while watching porn ..and fantasing over it… is not gonna be enough… eventually they go out and “ make it happen” ..So, I would suggest he STAY AWAY… and resist the urge! If he cannot do this on his own , there is help out there

Reply to Just me
Posted by: T | 2008/09/15

I have been in the same situation with husb many times before. Many arguments, etc. He has got to want to stop, it doesn' t matter what you say. If he wants to do it, he is going to do it regardless. I have no words, I find it distasteful and simply common. That is my personal feeling on the matter. He wouldn' t want to see his mother, sister, daughter being drooled over. Or even you, his wife for that matter. Just grit your teeth and the best of luck

Reply to T
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/15

Eish, I know how you feel. It feels as though you'  re not good enough for him to be the only beautiful one in his life. But is porn really worth giving up your happiness? See it this way - rather porn than a real woman! Talk to him calmly and tell him exactly how you feel, to scream and to treat him like crap will only let him want to do it more. The more you nag about it the more he will want to watch it! Tell yourself that you are his wife, not that sluts! You are the one he chose to marry, you are the one he sleeps with and you are the one he loves. Those women only have one thing, a beautiful body, no brains, no respect for themselves and no man will ever really want to marry them. You have more qualities than all those women! Hope this helps!

Reply to EL
Posted by: helen | 2008/09/15

Why a christian wants porn while it' s been forbidden the whole world, even other sites are being closed for such porn, why is he doing this? maybe he is not satistfied by you in bed, or he has affairs outside or he just wants to learn more on sex for u and him, my hubby and i are christians and we don' t watch those site, infact what for, besides thos people or pornstars uses drugs he cannot perfom like them, ask him what is interesting there because once he gets used to watch that site he will see u being useless like u don' t perfom well in bed like thos ladies he watch there, tell him to stop it' s disgusting ahhhhhhhh

Reply to helen