Posted by: The Wife | 2012-11-16

Husband... not sure what to think

I''m sitting with a dilemma and I don''t know if it''s just my craziness or if there is something else. My husband used to work in a mall, he left in the beginning of the year. He would sometimes befriend girls on Facebook that worked at the mall (guys too) but certain ones I would ask him to delete off his Facebook. There was one girl in particular, younger than me even (my hubby is a few years older than me) that he befriended and I got such a bad vibe off that one that I told him to delete, non negotiable, which he did.

Now I last night I was playing games on his phone (with his permission) and a message popped up from the girl that he used to work with. They were talking about this particular girl (the one I asked hubby to delete on Facebook). My hubby was asking how she is, his ex co worker told him she has a boyfriend now and my boyfriend said, ''cool, he''s probably a good guy, but don''t tell me else I''ll cry myself to sleep tonight."  What on earth does that even mean? And why were they talking about her in particular?

So I made up some story about me having a bad dream and asked him.

Let me just say, I do read his messages every now and again. Reason is that some years ago, some girl left her number for him at his friends shop. Like a goof, my husband phone from his cellphone without putting caller ID off and this girl constantly phoned him and SMSed him. One day in the shower I got her number off his phone and told her to back off (she was calling him pet names like Biscuit and asking him if she wants to come play games with him and the likes). Another reason is that I first set up his email and Facebook account waaay back when, so I had the passwords and such. I never used it, until he started getting Facebook messages from one of the girls he was friends with, her asking him to go out with her, him telling her I wouldn''t be happy about it, her telling him that he must tell me she''s a lesbian so I don''t get worried... another conversation she invited him to go to a party with her, etc. My boyfriend doesn''t just tell them straight to back off, he thinks he is being nice.

So anything, that is the story. I don''t know what to do... I don''t want to outright ask him because I don''t want him to start hiding his phone, but I hate this feeling that he actually cares if some chick from a mall actually misses him or not.

He was probably more or less joking and exaggerating in the silly way most people do when communicating on or about Facebook and other such methods. Its hardly what he would have said if he HAD actually been deeply upset at the news.
I am convinced that FaceTwit has over-al;l done more harm to human relationships than good.
He liked her ( why not ? ) but he loved you and chose to marry you, so he probably has good taste in women ?

Posted by: Chris758 | 2012-11-16

He might have liked her but I am sure he loves you.....he married you did he not? You still sound sad about this!! You will be okay!!

Reply to Chris758
Posted by: The Wife | 2012-11-16

Sorry Pam, I see where you are confused. They are typos (I am working on 4 hours sleep). He''s my hubby, we''ve only been married for 1 year though, I am still so used to calling him my boyfriend because we''ve actually been together for eight years.

I got my answer anyway, he said that he did like her.

Oh well.

Reply to The Wife
Posted by: Pam | 2012-11-16

Is he your hubby or boyfriend?

Reply to Pam