Question
Posted by: Thandiwe | 2010-09-17

Husband listening to his family too much

I have been married for a year now and my in-laws dont like me and I dont know why, they make sure that I am hurt always.
I have 2 sister in laws the other one is staying in Kempton Park with her mother they have cars and her children and we are staying in Soweto, but guess what whenever the mother needs something they will call my husband to do it, this Sunday we were supposed to go out because its my birthday but guess what my husband told me that her sister asked her to take the mother to church and its very far so he will have to wait until 4 or 5 when the church is out, I asked him whether the outing is off he just looked at me and I told him that I am continuing going out alone, and he then said we can go to his cousin on Saturday they are opening a house I told him that I wanted to be with him on Sunday but because he doesnt want to be with me then its ok I am also not going on Saturday, is it fair that when we have made our own arrangements and someone comes and interupts and then he agrees i have always fought with him regarding this but he does not want to listen he always says I dont like his family, so its fine he can go with them and I go my way, please advise, is this love for family or are they trying to destroy us.

Sounds like marriage counselling is really needed here, as he sounds much more married to his family than to you. Why can't his sisters, who live qwith the mother and have a car, take her to church ?

2
Posted by: Zen | 2010-09-20

I understand you problem. Reminds me of my brother. He has a gitlfriend who lives in another city. He flew up to spend a week with her. My mum called him and said that he should come home early rather than spend time with her. He went and changed his ticket. I asked him and he said that he has to make his parents happy first.

Reply to Zen